Thanks to our members, the Abbe Museum is able to fulfill our mission to inspire new learning about the Wabanaki Nations with every visit through education, exhibitions, and innovative programs. Members support the financial well-being of the Abbe Museum, while enjoying exclusive benefits, renewable each year at various levels of support. Membership is popular among museum lovers, families, teachers, students, residents of Mount Desert Island, and frequent visitors to the Acadia Region. Many levels of Abbe Membership include the North American Reciprocal Museums program, allowing our members to enjoy free admission at participating museums across North America.
Gift memberships are available at any level, or choose the level of benefits right for you:
Stop by the Abbe Museum during our visiting hours and a Guest Services Associate will help you become a member at the level of your choice. Use your receipt to enjoy the benefits of membership that same day, and your complete membership materials will be mailed to you.
You can join online by clicking the "contribute online" icon located on this page. In the notes field, please record the Level of Membership you have chosen.
Download Membership Enrollment Form, and write a check payable to "Abbe Museum" and mail your package to: Abbe Museum, P. O. Box 286, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
First, download the PDF application.
Fax to: (207) 288-8979.
Call the Abbe Museum at (207) 288-3519 and ask for Eli Mellen or the Abbe Shop. Please be ready with your Visa or Mastercard.
• If you have questions about Membership with the Abbe Museum,
please ask! Send an email to Eli, firstname.lastname@example.org or call
• Memberships are renewable annually and contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by current law. Most Abbe Museum members also choose to further support the museum through volunteering or contributions to the Annual Fund. To learn more about these programs please follow the links to the left.
• The list of museums participating in the North American
Reciprocal Museums program (NARM) can be found here.
• If you would like to reserve the Membership Lounge for a
meeting, please visit the Abbe Shop, or call us at (207) 288-3519.
The Membership Lounge can only be reserved for free during the regular open hours of the Abbe Museum. If you wish to rent the Membership Lounge or other spaces of the Abbe Museum for an event, please contact Eli Mellen, Database & Office Manager at
(207) 288-3519 or email@example.com.