The Abbe Museum offers a wide range of outreach programs
for adults. The staff at the Abbe Museum has expertise in a wide range of topics, from archaeology to contemporary issues and stereotyping. One to two hour lectures, often accompanied by artifacts and objects, can be given for historical societies, service organizations and clubs, and other interested groups. Abbe staff can come to you, or you can bring your group to the museum,
and include a tour of the exhibits. Most programs can be tailored
to meet the interest of the group, or region in which the program
is being hosted. For more information contact Julia Clark, Director of Collections and Interpretation, at (207) 288-3519 or email@example.com.
• 12,000 Years of Maine Native History- power point, with objects and artifacts. Duration: 1 hour
• Archaeology of the Sullivan and Sorrento Area- power point with artifacts. Duration: 1 hour
• Basic Collections Care Workshop- hands-on, power point with collections. Duration 2-4 hours
• Federal Indian Policy and the Maine Indian Claims Settlement Act- power point. Duration 1.5 hours
For information about other adult programming, including workshops, lectures and films, visit our Calendar and discover all that we have to offer.
If your group would like to visit the Abbe Museum or book a guided tour, visit our Group Admissions and Guided Tours page for additional information.
The Abbe Museum offers many learning opportunities for children and families throughout the year. Homeschool groups, scout troops, after-school or daycare programs are some of
the groups who have taken advantage of this opportunity. Groups can book an hour of storytelling and crafts for young kids, or choose from any of our school programs. Programs
can also be created based on the interest, age, and skill level
of the kids. For more information contact Julia Clark, Director of Collections and Interpretation, at (207) 288-3519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
$3.00 per child, chaperones are free. Materials costs may be
$50, plus mileage if necessary.
• Camp Beech Cliff, Art in Nature Series Ash Trees Discussion & Woven Ash Bookmarks Activity
• Harbor House, Storytelling & Scavenger Hunt
• Blue Hill Public Library, Wabanaki Story & Craft
• Dig it Girls! Archaeology Exploration for Girl Scouts
The Abbe also offers a number of family-oriented events and programs throughout the year. Visit our Calendar to find out more.
Are you in the area to explore the great outdoors, but the weather
is not cooperating? Take advantage of Rainy Days at the Abbe! If
the weather is foul, give us a call at (207) 288-3519 to find out what
special programs or activities might be happening (programs are volunteer-dependent).
If you are an educator who would like to bring your class to the Abbe Museum, visit our School Programs page for more information.